Year of Inception
M.Sc - Food Service Management and Dietetics
B.Sc – Nutrition and Dietetics
Nutrition is the intake of food, considered in relation to the body’s dietary needs. Dietetics has a strong emphasis on public health and a commitment to educate all people about the importance of making proper dietary choices. Nutrition and Dietetics is the corner stone for the national development. Food service management focuses on managerial aspects in various food service sectors.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department offers an excellent atmosphere for students to learn and acquire the necessary skills. The Department has qualified and experienced faculty members and well equipped laboratories. The thrust area of the Department is Diet counselling and nutrition education to the society through diet counselling cell as community development programmes.
The Department was established with the following objectives:
- To identify nutritional and dietary problems in segments of populations.
- To device methods to control nutritional and dietary problems.
- To encourage research for national development.
- To develop skills on diet counselling.
- To develop professional competence in quantity food production.
- To develop skills in organizing and managing food service institutions.
- UG – Dietary Internship at Multi Speciality Hospitals.
Apollo Hospitals, Trichy
Frontline Hospitals, Trichy
Meenakshi Hospitals, Tanjore
- PG – Dietary Internship at Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) recognised Hospitals.
Kovai Medical Center and Hospital Limited, Coimbatore
PSG Hospitals Coimbatore
Commercial Food Service Sector (Sangam Hotel, Trichy)
Non - Commercial Food Service Institutions (Cauvery College for Women (Autonomous), Hostel, Trichy)
Depending on the needs and interests of the students certificate courses offered for the skill development of students are
1.Principles of Interior Design
CONTACT US : firstname.lastname@example.org